Sometimes you just want enough pancakes for two people – no leftovers.
If that’s the case, then this is the perfect recipe for you.
Serve with your favorite syrup or topping.
Pancakes for Two
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, or 4-cup measuring cup, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, or 4-cup measuring cup, beat the eggs and add the milk and olive oil. Mix well.Note: if you want thinner pancakes, add more milk.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture and stir only until well mixed. Do not over mix.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle, greased with some olive oil (or other vegetable oil), over medium-high heat. Once it is hot, reduce heat to medium.
Pour about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake onto the hot skillet or griddle.
- Wait for a lot of bubbles to form on the top of each pancake before turning. Turn pancakes only once.
- Keep completed pancakes warm in a 190-200°F oven on a pre-warmed plate.
- Serve with butter and your favorite syrup.